Monday, September 19, 2011

SS 3: Inverted Drawing

All right, so I haven't been exactly diligent in updating my blog. I sincerely apologize for that... I suppose I need to make myself a schedule, don't I?

So for today's drawing, I decided to try an inverted picture. I drew my horse and shaded it opposite--so all the light areas were shaded dark, and vice versa.


Then I scanned the picture, opened it in Paintshop Pro, and inverted the coloring.


Very interesting, no? If I were to use it for anything I'd touch it up a bit, but it looks interesting the way it is. I also realize the shading isn't fantastic--but why don't YOU try shading backwards? It's more difficult than the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate it that you would choose to leave a comment! Please remember to be respectful and refrain from using inappropriate language of any kind. Thanks! Lord bless you!